Problems with DC Portal to access COVID-19 vaccination records

Bill Menczer

On May 3, 2021, DC Health announced the launch of 
DC MyIR, a web-based portal that is intended to give District residents secure, easy, and free access to their official COVID-19 vaccination records. The portal, found at myir.dc.gov, is designed to allow users to view and print official copies of their vaccination records, and their dependents’ records, at any time. The announcement indicated that if anyone experienced problems accessing their COVID-19 vaccination records in MyIR, then they should check with their vaccine provider to ensure their information is correct and to update the records.

Shortly after the announcement, I opened an account on the website. Shortly thereafter, I was informed that there was no match in the system and therefore, no records for me to access. I contacted my vaccine provider, Safeway, which provided proof that in fact, my records were property provided to both DC Health and DC MyIR. After numerous emails and phone calls to DC Health and DC MyIR over the last several weeks, I am still unable to access my records. On Tuesday, I received an email from DC MyIR falsely claiming that the problem was fixed and that I could now see my records.  As a result, yesterday, I contacted Councilmember Mary Cheh's office to look into this issue.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems with DC MyIR and has anyone been successful in resolving them? So far, this has been a massive waste of my time (and perhaps DC tax dollars) for a system that is not working at all (at least for me).

Bill Menczer
Woodley Park

Lisa Buono

Hi Bill,

I'm sorry for all the tedium you're going through. Just sharing my experience that I was able to register, and when I finally got to the end and saw vaccinations listed, COVID-19 was clearly not there. Scrolling up or down was not revealing anything more. Then I clicked on the green box option to view my results as a PDF and lo and behold it WAS a longer list and both COVID vaccines were on there.

Thanks for the information and hopefully the best for your resolutions as well asap.

Lisa

- original message -
On May 3, 2021, DC Health announced the launch of DC MyIR, a web-based portal that is intended to give District residents secure, easy, and free access to their official COVID-19 vaccination records. The portal, found at myir.dc.gov, is designed to allow users to view and print official copies of their vaccination records, and their dependents’ records, at any time. The announcement indicated that if anyone experienced problems accessing their COVID-19 vaccination records in MyIR, then they should check with their vaccine provider to ensure their information is correct and to update the records.

Shortly after the announcement, I opened an account on the website. Shortly thereafter, I was informed that there was no match in the system and therefore, no records for me to access. I contacted my vaccine provider, Safeway, which provided proof that in fact, my records were property provided to both DC Health and DC MyIR. After numerous emails and phone calls to DC Health and DC MyIR over the last several weeks, I am still unable to access my records. On Tuesday, I received an email from DC MyIR falsely claiming that the problem was fixed and that I could now see my records.  As a result, yesterday, I contacted Councilmember Mary Cheh's office to look into this issue.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems with DC MyIR and has anyone been successful in resolving them? So far, this has been a massive waste of my time (and perhaps DC tax dollars) for a system that is not working at all (at least for me).

judith shapiro

I just tried it and the system also fails to find my vaccination records.

judy shapiro 

Helen Qubain

Hi all,

My partner and I got our vaccinations through WalMart NE. I had no trouble using the DC site. It found both of our Covid vaccines immediately and printed out both of our certificates.  

The printouts don't look professional or official, but it is what it is.  

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Good luck.

Helen

- original message -
On May 3, 2021, DC Health announced the launch of DC MyIR, a web-based portal that is intended to give District residents secure, easy, and free access to their official COVID-19 vaccination records. The portal, found at myir.dc.gov, is designed to allow users to view and print official copies of their vaccination records, and their dependents’ records, at any time. The announcement indicated that if anyone experienced problems accessing their COVID-19 vaccination records in MyIR, then they should check with their vaccine provider to ensure their information is correct and to update the records.

Karen M. Schneebaum

The portal is odd. It had only one of my COVID shots but it had a tetanus shot from 1967 when I was a freshman in college in Ohio and hadn't even met my husband so my last name was different. Whatever.

Karen on Cortland

- original message -
On May 3, 2021, DC Health announced the launch of DC MyIR, a web-based portal that is intended to give District residents secure, easy, and free access to their official COVID-19 vaccination records. The portal, found at https://dchealth.dc.gov/page/dc-myir is designed to allow users to view and print official copies of their vaccination records, and their dependents’ records, at any time. The announcement indicated that if anyone experienced problems accessing their COVID-19 vaccination records in MyIR, then they should check with their vaccine provider to ensure their information is correct and to update the records.

Shortly after the announcement, I opened an account on the website. Shortly thereafter, I was informed that there was no match in the system and therefore, no records for me to access. I contacted my vaccine provider, Safeway, which provided proof that in fact, my records were property provided to both DC Health and DC MyIR. After numerous emails and phone calls to DC Health and DC MyIR over the last several weeks, I am still unable to access my records. On Tuesday, I received an email from DC MyIR falsely claiming that the problem was fixed and that I could now see my records. As a result, yesterday, I contacted Councilmember Mary Cheh's office to look into this issue.

Randi

I tried multiple time to access the records without success. The email reply to my query was not helpful.  

Randi Seitz

- previous message -

I just tried it and the system also fails to find my vaccination records.

- original message -
On May 3, 2021, DC Health announced the launch of DC MyIR, a web-based portal that is intended to give District residents secure, easy, and free access to their official COVID-19 vaccination records. The portal, found at myir.dc.gov, is designed to allow users to view and print official copies of their vaccination records, and their dependents’ records, at any time. The announcement indicated that if anyone experienced problems accessing their COVID-19 vaccination records in MyIR, then they should check with their vaccine provider to ensure their information is correct and to update the records.

BETH MARCUS

I also had a horrible time linking the DOH vaccination information with DC MyIR. In the end, after months of frustration, I learned for this to work all the inputs from the different entities (MyIR, DOH, and, in my case, Safeway) must be 100% identical. This must be done perfectly. One difference - no matter how slight - prevented the MyIR system, Safeway, and DOH from being linked. Mistakes were made with how my name, my address and even my phone number were inputted. Even when I thought they all finally had this right, I learned this was not the case. To illustrate, after correcting Safeway's many input errors and other variations between MyIR and DOH, the final impediment was the lack of a space (my legal first name is an initial and then a full name and DC's system lacked the space.) So my suggestion is make sure everything is 100% the same in MyIR, how you signed up, and DC DOH. 

Beth

- original message -
On May 3, 2021, DC Health announced the launch of 
DC MyIR, a web-based portal that is intended to give District residents secure, easy, and free access to their official COVID-19 vaccination records. The portal, found at myir.dc.gov, is designed to allow users to view and print official copies of their vaccination records, and their dependents’ records, at any time. The announcement indicated that if anyone experienced problems accessing their COVID-19 vaccination records in MyIR, then they should check with their vaccine provider to ensure their information is correct and to update the records.

Linda LaScola

I had difficulty too and gave up after two tries, figuring it wasn’t me; it was the system.

Unfortunately this sounds a lot like the problems that people were complaining about with the DC Government system to sign up for vaccine and probably should be handled in the same way — setting up a new system instead of blaming the people who are trying to use it.

Linda LaScola
Conn Ave

- previous message -
I also had a horrible time linking the DOH vaccination information with DC MyIR. In the end, after months of frustration, I learned for this to work all the inputs from the different entities (MyIR, DOH, and, in my case, Safeway) must be 100% identical. This must be done perfectly. One difference - no matter how slight - prevented the MyIR system, Safeway, and DOH from being linked. Mistakes were made with how my name, my address and even my phone number were inputted. Even when I thought they all finally had this right, I learned this was not the case. To illustrate, after correcting Safeway's many input errors and other variations between MyIR and DOH, the final impediment was the lack of a space (my legal first name is an initial and then a full name and DC's system lacked the space.) So my suggestion is make sure everything is 100% the same in MyIR, how you signed up, and DC DOH.