Cleveland Park Metro to Close in 2022? Give Feedback to WMATA

Anna Marie

The Cleveland Park Metro Station is on the chopping block (along with 21 other stations) and will close effective Jan. 1, 2022 if additional funding is not secured.  To provide feedback about this to WMATA, please take the survey at https://metro2022budget2.questionpro.com/.

More information about all the proposed changes is here: https://www.wmata.com/initiatives/budget/index.cfm#2022-proposed

Anna Marie
Wakefield

Christopher Backley

Thanks! Doesn’t the newly passed $1.9 trillion stimulus plan have any additional funding for WMATA? I read there was a significant block of funds set aside to help struggling transit systems. The December funding helped WMATA move the proposed stark cuts back from July 2021 to January 2022.

-Chris

The Cleveland Park Metro Station is on the chopping block (along with 21 other stations) and will close effective Jan. 1, 2022 if additional funding is not secured.  To provide feedback about this to WMATA, please take the survey at https://metro2022budget2.questionpro.com/
More information about all the proposed changes is here: https://www.wmata.com/initiatives/budget/index.cfm#2022-proposed

Tamara Browne

Thanks all - can’t believe this. Time to mobilize - horrible impact on so many especially since this is a preferred entrance and exit for ADA affected - big hit for the commercial district too.

Have to weigh in with entire delegation, Federal appropriators - so many of their staff rely on the metro - as well as USG time to rally.

Tamara Browne

Thanks! Doesn’t the newly passed $1.9 trillion stimulus plan have any additional funding for WMATA? I read there was a significant block of funds set aside to help struggling transit systems. The December funding helped WMATA move the proposed stark cuts back from July 2021 to January 2022.

The Cleveland Park Metro Station is on the chopping block (along with 21 other stations) and will close effective Jan. 1, 2022 if additional funding is not secured.  To provide feedback about this to WMATA, please take the survey at https://metro2022budget2.questionpro.com/
More information about all the proposed changes is here: https://www.wmata.com/initiatives/budget/index.cfm#2022-proposed

Peter Brusoe

It's important to speak out on this, but this is the same tired game that Metro plays. They know that Cleveland Park and its surrounding neighborhoods are vocal and that there will be a protest and people will speak out, same thing with other stations targeted for closure. I for one am tired of the failed leadership of Paul Wiedefeld and his management team. If this is the only budget solution these guys have, it's time to bring in leadership who will think big, bold, and be solutions oriented. We may also need to change our representatives on the WMATA board. Or maybe we should look at converting some of the DC only routes into Circulator routes.

-Peter
Woodley Road

The Cleveland Park Metro Station is on the chopping block (along with 21 other stations) and will close effective Jan. 1, 2022 if additional funding is not secured.  To provide feedback about this to WMATA, please take the survey at https://metro2022budget2.questionpro.com/
More information about all the proposed changes is here: https://www.wmata.com/initiatives/budget/index.cfm#2022-proposed

Matt Spence

There is $1.4 billion in DC-area transit relief in the Senate-passed version of the stimulus bill. Assuming nearly all of that is for WMATA.

Matt