ISO Washing Machine Repair #repair

Milton Shinberg

Looking for an individual repair person or a company to repair a washing machine.

Milton Shinberg

Bill Menczer

Milton,

I suggest you contact the manufacturer directly to get their list of authorized repair service companies. That's what I had to do for my mother's Samsung machine in Connecticut. If you have a Samsung washer, then their customer service number is 800-726-7864.

Bill Menczer
Cortland Place, NW

Sharla Rivera

I had great luck last month with DC Appliance Repair: 202-480-6270

Raj came and serviced my Samsung dryer that had stopped working a month before our second baby was about to arrive. Life-saver!

Just a note for contacting the manufacturer for their approved repair techs: our dryer was actually still under warranty, but the Samsung tech would not even come for a diagnostic check because it was stacked on top of the washer in a closet. They told us we would need to unstack it ourselves and possibly provide our own extension cord for the dryer if the cord wouldn't reach when unstacked (these dryer extension cords run about $100). I was nearly 9 months pregnant at the time and my husband was not able to unstack the unit on his own, so we opted to break warranty and have DC Appliance Repair come look at it. They were able to diagnose AND fix the issue without unstacking the units.

Just wanted to give a heads-up that if your units are stacked (typical in city houses!), the manufacturer may not even make a diagnostic visit until you unstack them yourself. I do understand that it is a safety issue for the techs, but if you are not physically able to unstack yourself, you may be out of luck for even in-warranty repairs.

Sharla
Porter St