Update & good news RE: ISO advice re: USPS package lost in transit

JeffPBWoodleyPark

Quick update: the package I was waiting on that had been mailed on the 3rd, and stuck since the 17th, arrived last night!

Jeff

Yes stay hopeful! My brother works for USPS in the Midwest as an executive. He said that they were so overwhelmed in the system, they set up holding locations like Shreveport where mail would be sent and held until there was manpower to process it. My friend sent me a package “overnight” on Dec 5 from Massachusetts. It arrived on December 29! So when you’re tracking says “in transit”, it means it’s sitting at a holding facility. It will arrive eventually!

Lisa Buono

Thanks, Jeff, for the positive package update, because all naivete aside, I really believe all of you who are waiting for the end result, whether it's receiving or knowing your recipient got what you sent will happen still. As I truly felt like a small miracle had happened when I had shared on here that my senders in Minneapolis, MN sent me a package on December 4, 2020. Saturday night, January 2, 2021 making a very long story short, means that I received the box, had myself a 2nd little merry Christmas (ha ha!) and also received several Christmas cards that were mailed from Colorado on December 18th. All of the above having sat for weeks in Hyattsville, and then apparently over the weekend the gods must have turned on the presses again.

Fingers crossed for all of you now as we keep moving forward.

Lisa!

Quick update: the package I was waiting on that had been mailed on the 3rd, and stuck since the 17th, arrived last night!

Betty Sinowitz

I have found that with Express Mail and UPS, regardless of the vendor/sender, packages arrive weeks/days earlier than expected, but snail mail takes weeks to arrive.

Betty
Cathedral Avenue

Quick update: the package I was waiting on that had been mailed on the 3rd, and stuck since the 17th, arrived last night!

Dava Phyllis Shumsky

Glad you received your package. Ironically... I had packages delivered to me UPS by people in cars, not UPS trucks, who are part of their “manpower“ arrangement!! I found it interesting...but I was more fortunate and got 2 packages on time (within 3 days of actual shipping) and only 1 a few days late!

Dava Phyllis Shumsky