A significant endorsement for DC Council At-Large

Keshini

Dear neighbors,

I have some great news to share! At-Large Councilmember Elissa Silverman recently endorsed Ed Lazere for DC Council At-Large.

From CM Silverman’s endorsement: "I have no doubt where Ed stands. His long-standing advocacy of fighting for what you and I care about most speaks to his integrity and compassion. Ed isn’t going to tell you he’s progressive to win your vote, then vote against those values as a Councilmember. More than anyone I know, Ed lives his values...Ed has been focused for more than two decades on the racial wealth gap and making D.C. a more equitable and just city. As the leader of the D.C. Fiscal Policy Institute, Ed analyzed the data that proves just how unevenly D.C.’s economic gains have been distributed.” Read her full statement

More people than ever in our neighborhood are newly conscious of DC’s history of racial injustice and the urgent need to pursue racial equity. It is so important in this election to look beyond feel-good rhetoric and empty campaign promises and to support a candidate who has spent two decades advocating for -- and winning -- policies that actually promote racial justice.

CM Silverman’s endorsement of Ed Lazere comes a week after he was endorsed by Janeese Lewis George, winner of the Ward 4 DC Council primary. Together, these endorsements make it clear that Ed Lazere should be the leading choice of voters who care about racial and economic justice. You can learn more about Ed on his website EdforDC.com, which also includes information about how to vote in the general election.

Kesh Ladduwahetty
Van Ness Street

Cleveland Park Listserv Sponsor