Your Weekly DC Market Update & Buyer Needs #realestate #vote #democracy

Jennifer Knoll

It's an odd summer for real estate in DC. Typically, there are very few, if any, listings available during the summer, but I would say there are actually more listings than normal now, coming after a nonexistent spring market. Homes that are priced right in desirable areas are still getting multiples and selling quickly over list price. Interest rates remain at historical lows.

Also, we honored Congressman John Lewis this week while there were suggestions from the President that the election should be postponed. Of course the right to vote in an election is fundamental to upholding a democracy. In his prewritten op-ed in the New York Times this week, Rep. Lewis said, “Ordinary people with extraordinary vision can redeem the soul of America by getting in what I call good trouble, necessary trouble. Voting and participating in the democratic process are key."

If you know of anyone selling the following, please let me know:

Serious buyer looking for 3 bedroom condo or co-op in Van Ness

I have multiple buyers looking for homes in upper NW from Woodley Park to Chevy Chase, MD from $900,000-$1,800,000

3 Bedroom Condo or Co-op in Cleveland Park

3 Bedroom at Tilden Gardens Co-op

4 bedrooms up (one can be attic). Looking for anything from a teardown to a renovated beauty. Price between $850,000-1,750,000 depending on condition. Preferred location is between Connecticut and Wisconsin Aves, from North Cleveland Park to Friendship Heights. Flexible on timing.

Teardown or gut renovation project in Arlington

Teardown or gut renovation project in NW from Woodley Park all the way through Chevy Chase MD (south of East West highway)

2 bedroom in Van Ness

Condo in Van Ness East or Van Ness North with patio

Full email linked here.

Jennifer Knoll
Senior Vice President, Compass
M: 202.441.2301