Any recent experience with DMV Vehicle Inspection during covid-19 crisis?

Claudia Alderman

Has anyone had their vehicle inspected this week? Wait times?

Many thanks.,
Claudia Alderman

jill hall

The process has never been easier (at least for me). At about 9:15 on Friday morning. I went right in. They never get in your car or touch the steering wheel. The inspectors are masked. You drive your car from spot to spot. It's not clear what they were checking but it was very fast!

Jill
3500 Ordway Street, NW
Washington, DC  20016
c: 202-360-7447

Greg Allen

In March when everything was closing down, I went to the Vehicle Emissions Self-Service Kiosk in the parking lot of Takoma Recreation Center, and renewed my car inspection that way. I was skeptical, and it was stunningly easy on-site, it was dummy-proof (and open 24/7). The only thing I needed to know in advance was where the port for my car's onboard computer is. (There's a tutorial.)

The kiosk printed a temporary inspection renewal, and the permanent sticker came in the mail, like registration renewal. I am a convert.

Greg
Macomb St
----
Editor's note: For information on the location and use of the Vehicle Emissions Self-Service Kiosk go to: https://dmv.dc.gov/service/vehicle-inspections -- scroll down to "Self-Service Vehicle Emissions Inspection Kiosk" - also see https://mayor.dc.gov/sites/default/files/dc/sites/mayormb/release_content/attachments/DMV-Self-Service-OBD-Kiosk-Tutorial.pdf for instructions for using the kiosk.

nrgross

Note that your car must be 2005 model or newer. The self-service inspection kiosk will not work with older cars.

Neal

[...]

cascully1800

I had our new (used) car inspected yesterday afternoon. We've had the car since mid-March. The inspection station staff were very efficient and I waited in line only about 15 minutes. The whole experience was excellent. I have an appointment at the Georgetown DMV to have the car registered and titled on Monday. Hopefully this will also go smoothly.

Caroline

James Linde

They only should be plugging into your car's computer port. It tells them everything. They have not done a safety inspection in a long time.

Jim