CP&WP Village's Response to COVID-19

Frank Finamore

The Cleveland & Woodley Park Village is a neighborhood non-profit which provides primarily senior neighbors the opportunity to make new friends, connect and share social and educational experiences. We also offer helpful services by neighborhood volunteers that have been trained and undertake a background check.

Out of an abundance of caution and because our members are generally older and at higher risk for the Coronoavirus (COVID-19), we are suspending any gatherings sponsored by the Village AS OF TODAY. The Village is, however, supporting our members in other ways, such as getting groceries and other needed supplies for them, helping with online ordering, driving them to doctor’s appointments, and checking in on them by telephone everyday.

This is the time for the Village to come together to help those who may need greater support to stay safe.  Here are some things that the general community might consider:

  1. Become a volunteer. Our next volunteer training will be Monday, March 16 at 6:30 and we can situate ourselves to minimize any risk of gathering.
  2. Donate supplies. We know that there has been a global run on toilet paper, so if you really stocked up, perhaps you could share some with our members who may be running short. Our members may also need disposable gloves, tissues, Clorox or other disinfectant wipes, thermometers, and non-perishable food items, etc.
  3. Donate money so that we can purchase supplies for members in need. Online donations may be made at www.clevelandwoodleyparkvillage.org
  4. Be in touch with your senior neighbors. You can be helpful to them and connect them with the Village, if you think they would benefit. At a time when the CDC’s Dr. Anthony Fauci is promoting “social distancing” for this high-risk population, find ways to connect with them and to reduce their potential social isolation.

Thank you, in advance, for your support. Seniors in our community are so vitally important to our neighborhood social structure and the Village appreciates your support.

Frank L. Finamore, Jr.
Executive Director and Woodley Park Resident
www.clevelandwoodleyparkvillage.org
www.facebook.com/ClevelandWoodleyParkVillage
202-615-5853