Is there an eWaste event in Ward 3 this weekend?

Stephanie Gerard

Is there some drop off site in Ward 3 that will be active Sat Feb 5?

Steph Gerard
Woodley Rd

Editor's note: DC DPW's Benning Road Transfer Station is open on the first Saturday of each month for drop-off of Household Hazardous Waste -- but if anyone knows of an e-Waste event in Ward 3 this weekend, please post it to the Cleveland Park Listserv. Meanwhile, here's the information from the DPW website about the Saturday drop-off:

We collect household hazardous waste and unwanted electronic equipment every Saturday between 7 am to 2 pm, except holidays at the Benning Road Transfer Station, 3200 Benning Road, NE.  We also accept personal documents to be shredded on the first Saturday of each month.  No documents will be accepted for shredding except on the first Saturday of the month because DPW cannot secure these documents until the shredding contractor is in place.  An additional Household Hazardous Waste/E-Cycling drop-off occurs the Thursday preceding the first Saturday of the month (except holidays), between 10 am and 2 pm.