Re: THANK YOU for your help to the RED CROSS

Therese

Thank you, I truly appreciate all your help. I have been hospitalized at Sibley since Dec. 15 and was able to receive a number of transfusions. Many people have saved my life which was hanging by a thread. I am getting stronger every day.
Thank you!!!

Therese

This seems like a good time to burrow into the archives and remind folks that there’s a 2018 “Compilation [of] Easiest place(s) to donate blood!” See https://groups.io/g/clevelandpark/message/135340, from May 2018. I’ve clicked through all four links (NIH, Red Cross, Children’s Hospital, and INOVA), which still work fine, although the link to the Nats Park blood drive is obviously moot. (That’s okay, it just redirects to INOVA.)  Not to be a downer...but I have not felt safe donating blood in INOVA's cramped bloodmobile. I much prefer a proper "donation center" with room for distancing.
Thank you, neighbors, for donating this precious fluid. My sister in OH, like Therese, battled leukemia and benefited from anonymous donors like you.
This is also a thumbs-up for the Groups.io search function, which unlike Yahoo's, y'know, actually works.