THANK YOU: (Was Seeking Good Samaritan in Search of Good Deed)

Susana Raab

Dear Cleveland Park Community,

Thank you so much for all those who reached out to offer support and direction in helping me get a new immigrant family the support and help they need to find safe harbor and healthcare for their child.  Your efforts have gotten this family in touch with people they need who will be able to guide them through the morass of forms and procedures we are all so familiar and overwhelmed by. They made it to Philadelphia! And are on their way to get health insurance coverage for their child, who needs ongoing care for his lungs and asthma.

In gratitude, I'd like to share with you the names of the organizations that were given to me, the are working with these communities to support their transition to live in the US. If you are interested in making a year-end donation or volunteering, there are bilingual and English speaking only opportunities at most:

Direct Support for Immigrants: https://www.dsimmigrants.org
Ayuda DC: https://www.ayuda.com
Latina Youth Center DC: https://www.layc-dc.org
Casa DC: https://www.casadc.org
Catholic Charities DC: https://www.catholiccharitiesdc.org
Lutheran Social Services DC: https://lssnca.org

Thank you all. I am so appreciative to be surrounded by so many generous, caring, service-minded folks. You give me hope!
--
Susana Raab
Connecticut Avenue NW