German journalist, in DC Oct-Dec, available as house-sitter, roommate or tenant #iso #housesitting #petcare #housing

Marcus

Dear all,

I hope you are good! My name is Marcus. I am a 37yo German investigative reporter living in Leipzig (near Berlin in East Germany). I will be in DC from mid-October to mid-December to participate in an exchange program for mid-career journalists.

I am therefore looking for a nice place to stay for this period. I am double vaccinated (maybe even a third time in the fall) and fluent in English.

Looking for a house sitter?
I have more than 20 years of experience with dogs and cats (and am still a huge fan of both, have taken care of fish and reptiles and my plants survive quite some time as well :-) And if there's ever an urgent way to be done: I bring an international driver's license. So if you are looking for a reliable and grownup house- or a pet-sitter: Please feel free to contact me. I'll be glad to look after your home, your animals and your plants while you're out of town.

Looking for a housemate or subtenant?
Let me put it this way: I'm low maintenance :) I'd happily join you for dinner or a sundowner in the evening, but also appreciate some time off now and then. I am happy to participate in any household tasks and purchases, and I can cook :) I'm fine with sharing kitchen and laundry facilities, but need a private space and suspect with the duration of two months in mind, a private bathroom would also be an advantage (but am not committed to this).

My workspace will be near Dupont Circle and Farragut North. So I'm looking for a place to stay with good access to public transportation to get there.

I haven't really set myself a budget. Location, charm and open-minded, interesting people to talk to are pros. But of course, two months in DC costs a good chunk of money, so I would appreciate fair offers :-)

If you want to get to know me beforehand, let's set up a video call. And if you want to know something about me: Feel free to ask.

Many thanks in advance!

Marcus
marcus.engert@...