Amazing Nanny Available in September #childcare #nanny

lisa bell

Our amazing nanny Justine will be looking for a new family starting in September. Justine has been taking exceptional care of our daughter for six years. She started when our daughter was four months old and right away her family became part of our family. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Justine. We don't want to say goodbye, but know she will make another family very happy!

Justine has two decades of nannying experience. Her advice, patience, and intuition about the needs of young children have been invaluable to us. She is collaborative and understanding about the concerns of new parents, and sends updates and pictures every day. She is also very reliable, responsible, and punctual. In the infant stage, she is excellent at establishing a feeding, napping, and playtime schedule. She taught our daughter all the early milestones, from sitting up, to potty training, to drinking from a cup. As our daughter got older, Justine taught her not only school-ready things like colors, letters, and numbers, but also how to follow instructions, how to clean up, how to share, and how to identify and work through those big toddler emotions.

Justine is very energetic and took our daughter on many outings before the pandemic -- Gymboree, library story time, gymnastics, soccer, art class, to name a few!  She has extensive experience with all of the parks, classes, camps, and activities available in DC. And most importantly she is so engaged and really present when she is caring for our daughter. She would be the one digging around in the sandbox with her when she was a baby, or enthusiastically joining in a soccer lesson when my daughter was hesitant to go out on the field herself.  Justine also has three kids, and her family became our daughter's second family. Our daughter has been wonderfully cared for and loves them all.

We also could not have managed the pandemic without Justine. She took all safety precautions seriously. And she managed virtual kindergarten for our daughter (on top of virtual school for her kids). Despite the difficult year, our daughter loves school. My daughter's teachers complimented Justine multiple times throughout the school year. Her home became our daughter's second home during this time and we could not be more grateful.

Justine has a drivers license and a car. She is fully vaccinated and is CPR-certified. She speaks French and English. She would prefer a single family position (rather than a nanny share). She would also prefer a full time or part time schedule that ends in the early afternoon, around 3pm or 3:30pm. Her ideal location would be in Glover Park or other upper NW DC neighborhoods. She was comfortable with our dog, who also loves her!

Justine can be reached directly at obbinj08@.... I am also happy to answer any questions and can be reached at lisab827@....

Lisa