Letter from Mayor Muriel Bowser: DC Is Open! / Take the Shot DC Giveaway

DCGovtAnnouncement

June 25, 2021
Letter from the Mayor

Dear Washingtonians,

Help us spread the word: DC is open! This summer, because Washingtonians continue taking the necessary steps to crush the virus, we are happy to welcome visitors back to the greatest city in the world and soon to be 51st state.

And while we are proud to host the federal government and all the monuments and museums, we also want visitors to experience all of DC. We want people to know that DC is a great place to come if you like history. But it is also a great place to come if you like good food and a world-class nightlife. If you like concerts. If you like sports. If you like fantastic playgrounds and pools. If you like nice hotels. DC is also a great place to come if you’re traveling alone, or with a group of friends, or with kids. We truly have something for everyone.

Of course, the vaccines have been a game-changer, and I am going to continue asking all eligible DC residents who are not yet vaccinated to get vaccinated as soon as possible. Being vaccinated is the best way to protect yourself, to protect others, and to safely enjoy all our city has to offer.

We worked hard to get to this point. Let's keep pushing and let's have a safe and fun summer in DC.

Sincerely,
Muriel Bowser
John A. Wilson Building
1350 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20004
Phone: (202) 727-2643

Take the Shot, DC Giveaway

DC residents who are 18 and older and get their first dose (or only dose if you get Johnson & Johnson) of the COVID-19 vaccine at the RISE Demonstration Center, Anacostia High School, or Ron Brown High School can enter into a drawing to win:

A new car (one winner each week)
$10,000 for groceries, to cover approximately a year of free groceries (two winners each week)
A year of free Metro bus and train (multiple winners each week)

Additionally, all DC residents who are 12 and older and get their first COVID-19 vaccine dose at these three sites will receive a $51 VISA gift card. Gift cards will be offered through Saturday, July 17. While anyone can get vaccinated at District vaccination sites, the gift cards are only available to District residents. Residents between the ages of 12 and 17 must be accompanied by a guardian.

Learn more at taketheshotdc.com

Newsletter Banner