ISO Person to house share with 1 other person - private space 2BR / 1 BA - $2000 plus utilities

Helen Qubain

Hello all,

I couple of weeks ago I posted an apartment rental for the mother-in-law addition to my house.  We have had a slew of interest and  found someone that we really like but who does not need all the space that we have.  So we are trying to help find her a housemate.  She is a lovely professional woman in her mid-30's.  Please see apartment information below and reach out to me if you are interested or have questions.

All the best,
Helen
hqubain at gmail dot com
----------------------------------

Seeking 1 person to SHARE unique wooded oasis in city with mainly 1 other person: $2000 per month plus utilities
4BR, 3BA mother-in-law addition ~3,000sq.ft. attached to main house

Layout:
  • Layout of apartment lends to privacy & quiet -- each housemate has 2 private rooms

Your private space ~600sq.ft.:

  • Huge private bedroom: 22’ x 20’10” (only room that is upstairs - most private part of the addition)Ensuite bathroom with walk-in closet and washer / dryer

  • Private office / living room: 13’4” x 11’2”

Shared space with housemate

  • Gorgeous kitchen with vaulted windows

Shared space with the main house and housemate

  • Family room (main house will not use much and the room is not near the bedrooms)

  • Recreation room (main house will not use much and the room is not near the bedrooms)

  • All outdoor spaces: deck, hot tub

Your Roomie and the Homeowners:

The Housemate: a professional woman in her mid-30’s, has a very small dog. She and her dog are an animal assistance therapy team and volunteer at health care facilities. She travels out-of-town about one week each month and does not cook much.

The main house is occupied by three professionals -  a couple in their 50/60’s and a woman in her late 20’s, along with 2 cats who try to run the household as much as possible.

Available June 1, 2021
Nonsmokers please
No pets

Features

  • Live in a home (not a box) on large lot on quiet street

  • Separate entrance

  • Great neighborhood -- North Cleveland Park / Wakefield (36th & Albemarle St. NW)

  • Quiet setting but walkable (10 minutes) to Metro (Red Line); easy walk to shopping, services, cool stuff

  • Eat-in kitchen with vaulted windows, shared with just 1 housemate

  • Homeowners live onsite and are very responsive to problems

  • Hot tub on deck (shared)

  • Shared access to lovely inside & outside spaces with homeowners

  •  Easy street parking

Costs:

  • $2,000 / mo plus utilities

  • Share of utilities should run on average ~ $150 per month

  • Wifi is the responsibility of the two housemates to share.  Provider needs to be RCN

Additional Area Info:

We love the location!  It’s a few blocks from the Wilson Pool -- by consensus the best aquatic center in the city. Fort Reno Park is a few minutes walk in one direction, and streamside Soapstone Trial into Rock Creek Park is a year-round treat a few minutes walk in the other direction. 10-minute walk to Tenleytown and Van Ness metro stations. You can walk downhill to / from either station. Close to Whole Foods, Bread Furst, Giant, CVS, Target, and of course restaurants.

If this opportunity intrigues you...and maybe even if you find it confusing...and you find the photos gorgeous... please contact us to find out more.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/YXASPxRE8pfbpDB2A