Re: Help us Reduce Light Pollution and Protect Our Health, Privacy, and Environment #streetlights #privacy #environment

skamedia

Hello,

What do we know about the color temperature of the proposed street lighting?

As many of you know, that is as important as brightness. The cheap bright white 5600° Kelvin lights are unacceptable. They should not proceed with replacing the street lights until the color temperature of LEDs matches that of traditional street light at 2600° Kelvin. LED technology continues to improve and if the product is not available that gives us the same lighting experience as we have now, they should wait till the technology catches up.

The new lights they put on Rock Creek Parkway south of Connecticut a few years ago are unacceptable due to their color temperature. Bright white light effects the health and sleep quality of both human beings and wildlife.

Thank you for bringing this meeting to our attention.

Sean Kennedy
The original message is available in full at https://groups.io/g/clevelandpark/message/172039