Re: Masks are now mandatory in DC, with minor exceptions

Deborah Linde

Wear a mask. I do not understand why people continue to try to find reasons not to wear a mask. If you were risking your own health by not wearing a mask. I might possibly be more sympathetic but probably not. I have relatives who are healthcare professionals. I do not want them to have to continue to comfort the grieving relatives of people who died because they were infected by those who refused to wear masks.

Dog walking is not a strenuous activity. I have been wearing a mask while I walk my dog for more than four months and my dog and I are still alive.

Deborah Linde
Newark St.

- from previous message -
[snip] Mayor Bowser's July 22 (today's) order as it applies to wearing a mask outdoors, subject to certain exceptions, says:
"Persons leaving their residences shall wear a mask when they are likely to come into contact with another person, such as being within six feet of another person for more than a fleeting time (underlining added)."