Re: Masks are now mandatory in DC, with minor exceptions

Burnt Orange

Agreed and thank you for the link to the order, Chuck. I had actually been wondering if it was inappropriate to go maskless when out walking my dog. I had also wondered if I was supposed to make a special effort to avoid briefly passing by someone within six feet. My interpretation of the order is that the answer to both of these questions is "no." I'd felt somewhat self-conscious about going maskless outside and infrequently quickly passing someone on the street. Now, I'll feel totally confident that my actions are consistent with city guidelines.

Court

- from previous message -
[snip] Mayor Bowser's July 22 (today's) order as it applies to wearing a mask outdoors, subject to certain exceptions, says:
"Persons leaving their residences shall wear a mask when they are likely to come into contact with another person, such as being within six feet of another person for more than a fleeting time (underlining added)."
https://coronavirus.dc.gov/maskorder
[snip]