Amazon Donation Registry for Face Shields (We need Elastic & Transparent Sheets for 3D Printed Face Shields for First Responders) #healthcare #socialdistancing #getusppe #ppe #covid19

Jonah Docter-Loeb

Hi all, I hope you are having a good day.

I am the lead coordinator for 3D Printers partnering with DC Mutual Aid. We are currently working with hospitals across the area to 3D print face shields for first responders. We have produced and donated nearly 400 face shields to DC hospital workers at GW and United Medical Center, but we are on target to run out of supplies right as DC becomes as bad as NYC in about a week and a half.

With enough supplies, we should be able to produce almost ten thousand face shields over the next three weeks.

Face shields block out respiratory droplets from patients and are essential for first responders especially when N95 masks are in short supply. In the absence of a N95 mask, the combination of a face shield and a normal surgical mask is the next best option.

We are desperately searching for transparency sheets for overhead projectors and non-latex elastic rolls with button holes. If you have materials at home you are willing to donate, click this link.

If you don't have any of those items but still want to contribute, check out our donation registry on amazon. This way, we are transparent as possible and don't have to deal with the logistics that come with cash donations. Please feel free to share it with friends, family, or anyone for that matter - https://www.amazon.com/wedding/share/ProtectThoseWhoProtectUs

Georgetown Day School just made a very generous donation of filament (despite there being a national shortage), is letting us barrow three 3-D printers and a laser cutter, and scarce essentials like nitrile gloves and hand sanitizer. If you know of an institution (like a school) with 3D Printers that you think they would be willing to let us barrow, please email me. We are looking to get students and parents from each school involved to reach out to the administration in an organized way.

If you are working to fight COVID-19 (specifically in a hospital) and your colleagues need face shields:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdGFwcU4mEBEoDNaWu-K97Q6UR6wEUAyf4HJJ3mhMft4kkTzw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Register your 3D Printer to Print with Us:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScEOr-Z40urJTOZA2U4F2PIXMrJ3tx96eBcPxOSNHLuo4wC6Q/viewform?usp=sf_link

Volunteer to help pick up or deliver face shields:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScMxgWliae4-v4biB0KjL3AMtz1HFGb8Fnv63tyi8TGkKSDtg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Stay safe, and for the love of god practice social distancing.

Jonah
Idaho Ave