Re: New Self-Serve DC Vehicle Inspection Kiosk and Tips

hal.ninek@verizon.net

Funny. I did mine on Wednesday night and it worked like a dream. Took all of 5 minutes. You need to have a new car and plug to make it work. Still awaiting the mailing of the permanent inspection sticker.

Steve Seelig

I went on Friday morning to help my girlfriend with her emissions inspection. After spending 10 minutes trying to find the thing, the kiosk didn’t work, despite several tries on her 2010 vehicle. We ended up driving an hour at rush hour to the inspection station in Southwest, where we were in and out in 3 minutes. Perhaps it was a glitch for a new machine, but it doesn’t give me great hope for. Another costly initiative from the Mayor, who could instead use funds to fill potholes destroying our cars and commutes.