Topics

tonight's meeting at Springer #Meeting

Jonathan Sivier

We may have some special guests at the meeting tonight, Tuesday, February 4, at the Springer Center at 7 p.m. Some U of I Aerospace Engineering students may be able to come and give us a look at the design and construction of their rocket for the NASA Student Launch competition. They flew the sub-scale model of this rocket at our launch last month at the Forsyth launch site and are working on the full scale rocket now. I suspect they made some changes to the design based on the results of their test flight. I think everyone will find this to be an informative example of the design and testing process.

Of course you can still bring your own designs and projects. We will all enjoying seeing what people are working on and learning about everyone's experiences in designing and building rockets.

I hope to see everyone there tonight.

Jonathan