Topics

Tab Indiana launch

john hall

I've attached a couple of google earth views of my Rocket Launch yesterday with the Indiana club.  I flew blues clues to ~3000ft on an I140, the rocket cocked a bit at launch resulting in a 1mile round trip recovery.  The views are pretty easy to create from featherweight tracker data.  Instructions can be found at the rocketry forum (link below). I'm still learning how to navigate in google earth, it's amazing how far out I had to zoom to see the whole trajectory from ground level.

I also managed to snag my first power line.  Thankfully someone at the launch had a number to call and a couple of nice guys came out and retrieved my rocket.  I'm told I'm the second person to achieve this feat.

Hope to see everyone in Forsyth next weekend,  John