rocket building workshop next Saturday

Jonathan Sivier

We will be holding our annual rocket workshop at the Leonhard Center in Champaign next Saturday, May 8. The workshop will run from 9 to 11 a.m. and we will be helping kids build their first model rocket. Then, weather permitting, we will help them fly their rockets at the launch in the afternoon at Dodds Park.

Due to COVID the number of people who can participate this year is less than usual. Also, participants need to register with the park district in advance. We can't have people register at the door as usual. So if you know someone who would like to get started with rockets let them know. The fee for the workshop includes a model rocket and motors to fly it.

The workshop is called "3, 2, 1 . . . BLAST OFF!" and information can be found at
https://champaignparks.com/programs/program-guide/enrichment/

People will need to sign up in the next day or two.

Jonathan