Topics

rocket building for IAI on Monday

Jonathan Sivier

As in past years we will be assisting the kids in the Illinois Aerospace Institute get started on building their rockets on Monday evening. The building session will be from 7 to 9 p.m. This year we will be meeting in the Engineering Student Project Lab. This is located in the middle of parking lot B21, just east of the Materials Research Lab and northeast of the Physics building (Loomis Lab). It is building 1209 on the map at "http://www.parking.uiuc.edu/campus_map/2008%20CPM3.pdf". You can park in the parking lot. I think the door is on the north side of the building.

Bring any tools you think would be helpful. However the main need is for people with some common sense and rocket building experience to give the kids advice and assistance.

As Greg said in his previous message, we will be helping the kids fly their rockets on Friday afternoon. The location is still be worked out. Due to a soccer event at Dodds Park we will be flying in a different place. It looks like we may be on a field in the U of I's south farms. We will have more information on the exact location later in the week.

Jonathan