Topics

Outlook for Sunday #Launch

Greg Smith

We will try again to hold our launch tomorrow, Sunday, December 1, at the farm field near Forsyth, IL. Setup will begin at 10:00 AM. Flying will end by sunset at 4:28 PM.

The forecast is still awful:

-----

Sunday - Rain likely before 7am, then rain and snow between 7am and 10am, then rain after 10am. High near 39. Breezy, with a west southwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

-----

Cold, wind and rain! Not a great combination. I think it's a fair assumption we'll end up writing this weekend off. Just to make it official, I'll check the conditions and post the final notice here around 9:00 AM tomorrow.

Our next regular club launch will be Saturday, December 14, at Dodds Park in Champaign.

@gregsmith 217-840-1678