Outlook for Saturday launch
I can describe the chances for holding our scheduled launch on Saturday, December 27 no better than by quoting the official forecast:
Dense fog advisory in effect until 4 am CST Saturday...
Flash Flood Watch in effect from 6 am CST Saturday through Saturday evening...
Occasional showers and thunderstorms. Locally heavy rainfall possible. Not as cool. Highs in the lower 60s. Windy. South winds 20 to 25 mph with gusts to around 40 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.
So as long as the wind, rain, fog and floods don't stop us, we can enjoy an unseasonably warm December day. :-)
Obviously, I think the chances of launching are pretty dismal. I'll post my usual final announcement about 11 AM tomorrow, but I don't think you need to hold your breath about what it might say.
You can call me at 217-840-1678 as usual for information.
Greg Smith N9LHI
NAR 15881 * TRA 1974
Director of Operations, Central Illinois Aerospace
I was out and about this afternoon, and cruised by the park, does the name "The Great dismal Swamp" sound familiar? All the lower laying areas have standing water, and it hasn't started to rain yet.toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Greg Smith wrote:
Christopher Brian Deem NAR 12308 TRA 2256 level II