We have a rocket launch scheduled tomorrow, Saturday, June 12, at Dodds Park in Champaign.

Setup will begin at 12:00 noon, probably in the north half of the soccer field parking lots. Our waiver allows flying up to 4,000' MSL (3,252' from ground level). The waiver expires at sunset at 8:23 PM.

We may need to wait for Park District soccer players to finish their matches and leave the field before we can set up.

Summer has arrived, and the forecast is hot and muggy:

-----

Saturday - Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 93. Calm wind becoming northwest 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%. (NWS)

Partial cloudiness early, with scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 93F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%. (TWC)

-----

Sigh, it's another "too close to call" day. The heat will be a challenge (bring water and sunscreen), the wind sounds tolerable, but it's hard to predict those summertime pop-up thunderstorms. It will depend on what I can divine from the forecasts and radar tomorrow morning. Let's call our chances 50/50. I'll post the final decision about the launch here shortly after 10:00 AM tomorrow. You can also call me after that time at 217-840-1678 for an update.

Our next scheduled launch will be GARLO 2020 on Saturday, June 26 at Dodds Park.

We will be enforcing our physical distancing and masking requirements at tomorrow's launch.

greg@... 217-840-1678

Adam Rouse

If it goes,  I hope everyone has a great time! I'll miss thus launch and GARLO as I am traveling in June.

Cheers!
-Adam

Sent via mobile device, please pardon any typographical errors. Thank you!

This email is intended only for the addressee and may be legally privileged. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender and delete the email immediately.

Greg Smith

Now in the last 5-1/2 months, I haven’t once written the wrong year on a check or other document, but I finally did it today. That should, of course, be “GARLO 2022.” Or 2021, or something. It’s only a 0.05% error in any case.

- GDS

Our next scheduled launch will be GARLO 2020 on Saturday, June 26 at Dodds Park.

Christopher Deem

Well, we didn't have GARLO last year, so we could do 2020 the 26th, and 2021 in August. Our theme could be "Deja Vu".

Sent from my Galaxy