We have a rocket launch scheduled tomorrow, Saturday, February 27, at our farm field site near Forsyth, IL. (For directions to the field, see http://www.ciarocketry.org/maps.html#forsyth)

Setup will begin at 12:00 noon, along Schellabarger Road, probably in the east half of the field. Our waiver allows flying up to 10,000' MSL (9,325' from ground level). The waiver expires at sunset at 5:58 PM.

The forecast is mostly good:

-----

Saturday - Partly sunny, with a high near 56. East wind 7 to 9 mph. (NWS)

-----

I think it is likely we'll be able to fly, but I'm very slightly concerned about the cloud ceiling. I'll check the conditions and post the final decision about the launch here shortly after 10:00 AM tomorrow. You can also call me after that time at 217-840-1678 for an update.

Our next scheduled launch will be Saturday, March 27 at the same Forsyth location.

We will be enforcing our physical distancing and masking requirements at tomorrow's launch.

greg@... 217-840-1678

Kevin A

Going to try and make it.  Any chance anyone has any single use G's they can sell me to break in my Leviathan?  Can paypal the $ onsite tomorrow.  (I do have a 29-40/120 reloadable tube but am afraid my Leviathan will vaporize on its maiden flight..haha)

Wasn't expecting to be able to make it, so I didn't end up ordering anything.

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021, 7:02 PM Greg Smith <gregs@...> wrote:
[...]

Christopher Deem

As your friendly neighborhood AeroTech dealer, I have G80's and G40's. I also have some G's I can only sell to certified fliers. I don't take credit cards, or do PayPal. I think I might have a couple of G38's.

Sent from my Galaxy

[...]

Do you need to know in advance what I want, or do you bring varied inventory with you?

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021, 8:53 PM Christopher Deem <chris-deem@...> wrote:
[...]

I bring my inventory, which is mostly single use F's, G's, and H's, with some 29mm,and 38mm reloads. I have one K695R, but that will not fit in your Leviathan. Which, by the way, looks a whole lot nicer than mine.

Sent from my Galaxy

[...]

Perfect!  Maybe I'll get ballsy and throw an H in it off the bat to cert.. it does have the extra weight of an ejection baffle up top.

And thanks! No complaints for my first rocket paint job!  The car hobby carries over in some aspects!