Topics

Outlook for Saturday #Launch


Greg Smith
 

We have a rocket launch scheduled tomorrow, Saturday, February 27, at Dodds Park in Champaign.

Setup will begin at 12:00 noon, probably in the south half of the soccer field parking lots. Our waiver allows flying motors through "H" class up to 4,000' MSL (about 3,250' from ground level). The waiver expires at sunset at 5:43 PM.

The forecast is very good for February, and a big improvement over two weeks ago, when we had to cancel our planned launch:

-----

Saturday - Mostly sunny, with a high near 58. West southwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming south southeast in the afternoon. (NWS)

-----

I think it is very likely we'll be able to fly, although we'll need to watch out for that southeasterly wind later in the day. I will post the final decision about the launch here shortly after 10:00 AM tomorrow (an hour earlier than in the past to accommodate out of town participants). You can also call me after that time at 217-840-1678 for an update.

One thing to watch out for is that the field may be soft and muddy due to the recent snow cover and rain.

Our next scheduled launch will be Saturday, March 13 at the farm field near Forsyth.

We will be enforcing our physical distancing and masking requirements at tomorrow's launch.

-----

Greg Smith N9LHI
NAR 15881 * TRA 1974
Director of Operations, Central Illinois Aerospace
greg@... 217-840-1678


Jonathan Sivier
 

We still have official CIA masks available in an assortment of colors. Come see me at the launch if you would like to get one for yourself.

Jonathan


On 2/26/2021 5:58 PM, Greg Smith wrote:
We have a rocket launch scheduled tomorrow, Saturday, February 27, at Dodds Park in Champaign.

Setup will begin at 12:00 noon, probably in the south half of the soccer field parking lots. Our waiver allows flying motors through "H" class up to 4,000' MSL (about 3,250' from ground level). The waiver expires at sunset at 5:43 PM.

The forecast is very good for February, and a big improvement over two weeks ago, when we had to cancel our planned launch:

-----

Saturday - Mostly sunny, with a high near 58. West southwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming south southeast in the afternoon. (NWS)

-----

I think it is very likely we'll be able to fly, although we'll need to watch out for that southeasterly wind later in the day. I will post the final decision about the launch here shortly after 10:00 AM tomorrow (an hour earlier than in the past to accommodate out of town participants). You can also call me after that time at 217-840-1678 for an update.

One thing to watch out for is that the field may be soft and muddy due to the recent snow cover and rain.

Our next scheduled launch will be Saturday, March 13 at the farm field near Forsyth.

We will be enforcing our physical distancing and masking requirements at tomorrow's launch.

-----

Greg Smith N9LHI
NAR 15881 * TRA 1974
Director of Operations, Central Illinois Aerospace
greg@... 217-840-1678


Adam Rouse
 

Hope everyone has a great launch! Work volume will not allow me to travel down this weekend.

Cheers!
-Adam 



Sent via mobile device, please pardon any typographical errors. Thank you! 

This email is intended only for the addressee and may be legally privileged. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender and delete the email immediately.