We have a rocket launch scheduled tomorrow, Saturday, November 24, at the farm field site near Forsyth, IL. For directions to this site, see http://www.ciarocketry.org/maps.html#forsyth

Weather permitting, we'll try to start this launch an hour earlier than usual. Setup will begin at 11:00 AM. Our waiver allows flights up to 10,000' MSL (or 9,325' from ground level). We can fly until sunset at 4:35 PM.

The forecast ain't good:

-----

Saturday - Showers likely, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 1pm. High near 55. Breezy, with a south southeast wind 9 to 14 mph increasing to 16 to 21 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

-----

I don't think our chances of flying are too great tomorrow. As usual, I'll try to stay optimistic and will wait until morning to make the final decision about the launch. I'll post the news here shortly after 9:00 AM tomorrow. You can also call me after that time at 217-840-1678 for an update.

Our next launch will be Saturday, November 28 also at the farm field near Forsyth.

We will be enforcing our physical distancing and masking requirements at tomorrow's launch. (See Jonathan for your official CIA masks!)

greg@... 217-840-1678

Jonathan Sivier

For some reason the link Greg gave for the Forsyth launch site goes to the map for the Rantoul site. The text says Forsyth and would work if you typed it in to the address bar on your browser, but if you just click on it it takes you to Rantoul. I guess the web works in mysterious ways.

The correct link is "http://www.ciarocketry.org/maps.html#forsyth". Hopefully this one will work OK.

Jonathan

On 11/13/2020 4:28 PM, Greg Smith wrote:
We have a rocket launch scheduled tomorrow, Saturday, November 24, at the farm field site near Forsyth, IL. For directions to this site, see http://www.ciarocketry.org/maps.html#forsyth <http://www.ciarocketry.org/maps.html#rantoul>

[...]

That one didn't work quite right either. It included the quote mark in the URL. Here it is by itself. Hopefully this will work the way it is supposed to.

http://www.ciarocketry.org/maps.html#forsyth

Sorry about the trouble getting the correct link.

Jonathan

The correct link is "http://www.ciarocketry.org/maps.html#forsyth" <http://www.ciarocketry.org/maps.html#forsyth">. Hopefully this one will work OK.

We have a rocket launch scheduled tomorrow, Saturday, November 24, at the farm field site near Forsyth, IL. For directions to this site, see http://www.ciarocketry.org/maps.html#forsyth <http://www.ciarocketry.org/maps.html#forsyth> <http://www.ciarocketry.org/maps.html#rantoul <http://www.ciarocketry.org/maps.html#rantoul>>

[...]

Greg Smith

Weirdness probably due to my editing a copy of the previous message rather than typing it in from scratch. Doing this on my phone today since I'm still waiting to get my fiber fixed. Hate Android for composing anything longer than a few words. AT&T guy is here right now splicing cable in the back yard...