We have a rocket launch scheduled tomorrow, Saturday, February 8, at Dodds Park in Champaign.
Setup will begin at 12:00 noon, probably in the south half of the soccer field parking lots. Flying can continue until sunset at 5:20 PM. Our waiver allows flying motors through "H" class up to 4,000' MSL (about 3,250' from ground level).
The forecast is pretty ambiguous:
Saturday - Patchy fog before 10am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 32. West wind 5 to 8 mph.
What this general public forecast doesn't say, but the more detailed aviation forecast does, is that the clouds are expected to be only 600 feet above ground level at launch time. That is likely to prevent us from flying. There may also be an inch of new snow on the ground. But I'll hope for better, so I won't post the final decision about the launch here until shortly after 11:00 AM tomorrow. You can call me after that time at 217-840-1678 for an update.
Our next launch will be Saturday, February 22 at Dodds Park.
Greg Smith N9LHI
NAR 15881 * TRA 1974
Director of Operations, Central Illinois Aerospace