Topics

Oracle for sale

William Carney

In a message dated 12/11/2008 3:13:07 PM Central Standard Time,
dixontj93060@... writes:

I had a few minutes between meetings today and went into Slot & Wing.
There at the front door they have two Estes Oracle video rockets for
sale for $29.95 (orig. retail $129.95). A quick Internet & Ebay search
seems to show they are still generally selling for $105+ so it seems
to be a good deal. If you don't have one (I already do), they are
reasonably entertaining.

I got one and can't use it.
The software for those only runs on Windows 98 and does not work on
XP or Vista. At least the one I have.

William

"640 K is all the memory you will ever need" By Bill Gates

"Found Unknown device: installing drivers"

Oxymoron of the last two decades: MS WORKS

Tim Dixon <dixontj93060@...>

I had a few minutes between meetings today and went into Slot & Wing.
There at the front door they have two Estes Oracle video rockets for
sale for $29.95 (orig. retail $129.95). A quick Internet & Ebay search
seems to show they are still generally selling for $105+ so it seems
to be a good deal. If you don't have one (I already do), they are
reasonably entertaining.

William Carney

In a message dated 12/11/2008 8:43:00 PM Central Standard Time,
slbill@... writes:
Nope, it calls for drivers every time. The software and camera does not use
drivers and
it won't connect to the camera without it. The CD does not have drivers just
program.
Compatibility does not work for this one, it's a Windows problem and no way
to run it.
I have XP Pro with SP3 and Vista on two seperate computers, it won't run on
either.

William

Will it run in Compatibility Mode?
(right click/properties&#92;compatibility)

dixontj93060@... writes:

I had a few minutes between meetings today and went into Slot & Wing.
There at the front door they have two Estes Oracle video rockets for
sale for $29.95 (orig. retail $129.95). A quick Internet & Ebay search
seems to show they are still generally selling for $105+ so it seems
to be a good deal. If you don't have one (I already do), they are
reasonably entertaining.

I got one and can't use it.
The software for those only runs on Windows 98 and does not work on
XP or Vista. At least the one I have.

William

"640 K is all the memory you will ever need" By Bill Gates

"Found Unknown device: installing drivers"

Oxymoron of the last two decades: MS WORKS

(http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000
010)

Timothy Dixon <dixontj93060@...>

I have XP Pro/SP3 on my main laptop and it works fine.

dixontj93060@... writes:

I had a few minutes between meetings today and went into Slot & Wing.
There at the front door they have two Estes Oracle video rockets for
sale for $29.95 (orig. retail $129.95). A quick Internet & Ebay search
seems to show they are still generally selling for $105+ so it seems
to be a good deal. If you don't have one (I already do), they are
reasonably entertaining.

I got one and can't use it.
The software for those only runs on Windows 98 and does not work on
XP or Vista. At least the one I have.

William

"640 K is all the memory you will ever need" By Bill Gates

"Found Unknown device: installing drivers"

Oxymoron of the last two decades: MS WORKS

William Carney <wcarney@...>

Not surprising with Windows. With my XP Pro the software will load
but when you plug in the camera it calls for drivers. Since there is
no drivers it won't work. No idea how to get around it.

William

dixontj93060@... writes:

I had a few minutes between meetings today and went into Slot & Wing.
There at the front door they have two Estes Oracle video rockets for
sale for $29.95 (orig. retail $129.95). A quick Internet & Ebay search
seems to show they are still generally selling for $105+ so it seems
to be a good deal. If you don't have one (I already do), they are
reasonably entertaining.

I got one and can't use it.
The software for those only runs on Windows 98 and does not work on
XP or Vista. At least the one I have.

William

"640 K is all the memory you will ever need" By Bill Gates

"Found Unknown device: installing drivers"

Oxymoron of the last two decades: MS WORKS

(http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000
010)

Strain, Paul <paul.strain@...>

Not sure if this link will help, since it applies to Astrovision, but
the USB 2.0 incompatibility is intriguing and may be an issue with
Oracle.

http://www.musatcha.com/articles/estesastrovision.php

**** Clifton Gunderson LLP Internet Email Notice ****
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is for the use only of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copy, distribution or other use of this information is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please notify us immediately by telephone and delete or discard this message immediately. IRS rules, which govern the way we conduct our tax practice, dictate that we give you the following notice: Any tax advice included in this communication (including attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by any taxpayer, for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer.

dixontj93060@... writes:

I had a few minutes between meetings today and went into Slot & Wing.
There at the front door they have two Estes Oracle video rockets for
sale for $29.95 (orig. retail $129.95). A quick Internet & Ebay search
seems to show they are still generally selling for $105+ so it seems
to be a good deal. If you don't have one (I already do), they are
reasonably entertaining.

I got one and can't use it.
The software for those only runs on Windows 98 and does not work on
XP or Vista. At least the one I have.

William

"640 K is all the memory you will ever need" By Bill Gates

"Found Unknown device: installing drivers"

Oxymoron of the last two decades: MS WORKS

William Carney <wcarney@...>

Not the problem. My computer has the old USB and the new.
When I purchased my MB it had the older USB then I had to
add a new IO Board just for the faster 2.0. I even get a cookie
warning-message every time I plug a faster item into the older
port say "this device can operate faster" but the quirk is that
the computer itself can't. At least not without the new IO Board.

It will still give me the same message about needing drivers
that are not available in both the older and newer USB.

Like I said it's a Window's problem and it won't get solved.

Anyone want to buy my Oracle?

William

dixontj93060@... writes:

I had a few minutes between meetings today and went into Slot & Wing.
There at the front door they have two Estes Oracle video rockets for
sale for $29.95 (orig. retail $129.95). A quick Internet & Ebay search
seems to show they are still generally selling for $105+ so it seems
to be a good deal. If you don't have one (I already do), they are
reasonably entertaining.

I got one and can't use it.
The software for those only runs on Windows 98 and does not work on
XP or Vista. At least the one I have.

William

"640 K is all the memory you will ever need" By Bill Gates

"Found Unknown device: installing drivers"

Oxymoron of the last two decades: MS WORKS

(http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom0
0000
010)

Jeff Deem

After reading your comments on oracle and windows xp, I decided I better Try installing it on my xp computer before bagging my Pentium 2 HP Win 98 computer. I used the provided cd and followed the Estes instructions to the letter, The first thing that popped up was an "install drivers" or "browse" screen, I installed said drivers, and all following screens proceeded as in my copy of the instructions. As instructed I kept the cd in till I connected the camera. It works fine. I have windows xp home edition. Perhaps the problem has to do with permissions and the like or security in the office edition.

If by chance you no longer have the instructions, both they and the drivers, they can be found here:
http://www.estesrockets.com/assets/downloads/

I hope this helps,

Jeff

p.s.- there do not seem to be any vista drivers, And my understanding is that the astrovision will not work with vista period so probably oracle won't either

dixontj93060@... writes:

[...]

The drivers on the Estes web site are for the Astrovision and not
the Oracle. There are no drivers for the Oracle, just a program.
At least the one I got. XP Pro is also a little different and the
camera just won't work with mine. Believe me I have tried just
about everything. Changing security and just about everything
else, all a waist of time. The Oracle I have only works with Win98.

William

dixontj93060@... writes:

[...]

You know, I tried again and it will work with XP Pro.
Just does not work with Vista which is on my laptop.

William

dixontj93060@... writes:

I had a few minutes between meetings today and went into Slot &
Wing.
There at the front door they have two Estes Oracle video rockets
for
sale for $29.95 (orig. retail $129.95). A quick Internet & Ebay
search
seems to show they are still generally selling for $105+ so it
seems
to be a good deal. If you don't have one (I already do), they are
reasonably entertaining.

I got one and can't use it.
The software for those only runs on Windows 98 and does not work on
XP or Vista. At least the one I have.

William

"640 K is all the memory you will ever need" By Bill Gates

"Found Unknown device: installing drivers"

Oxymoron of the last two decades: MS WORKS

**************Make your life easier with all your friends, email,
and