Topics

Mars landing talk on U of I campus next week

Jonathan Sivier

There is an Aerospace Engineering seminar next week on Tuesday, December 3 entitled "How to Land on Mars." It is being held at noon in room 2405 Siebel Center for Computer Science, 201 N. Goodwin Ave. It is free, and they say there will be lunch provided, and according to the info on the announcement it is intended for non-engineering audiences.

You can find more about it at

https://calendars.illinois.edu/detail/3087?eventId=33362870

I hope to attend. I have an OLLI class on black holes and gravity waves at 1:30, but I suspect this will last about an hour, so I should be able to make it. If anyone else is thinking about going, let me know.

I should be able to make it. Sounds interesting.

Christopher Brian Deem NAR 12308 TRA 2256 level 2

Jonathan Sivier wrote:

There is an Aerospace Engineering seminar next week on Tuesday, December 3 entitled "How to Land on Mars." It is being held at noon in room 2405 Siebel Center for Computer Science, 201 N. Goodwin Ave. It is free, and they say there will be lunch provided, and according to the info on the announcement it is intended for non-engineering audiences.

You can find more about it at

https://calendars.illinois.edu/detail/3087?eventId=33362870

I hope to attend. I have an OLLI class on black holes and gravity waves at 1:30, but I suspect this will last about an hour, so I should be able to make it. If anyone else is thinking about going, let me know.

For those unfamiliar with campus, the Siebel Center is the building just north of
Uni High School. I'm not sure why they list the address as being on Goodwin. It seems to me the main entrance is from the Mathews side on the SW corner of the building.

Jonathan

Jonathan Sivier wrote:
     There is an Aerospace Engineering seminar next week on Tuesday, December 3 entitled "How to Land on Mars."  It is being held at noon in room 2405 Siebel Center for Computer Science, 201 N. Goodwin Ave.  It is free, and they say there will be lunch provided, and according to the info on the announcement it is intended for non-engineering audiences.

     You can find more about it at

https://calendars.illinois.edu/detail/3087?eventId=33362870

     I hope to attend.  I have an OLLI class on black holes and gravity waves at 1:30, but I suspect this will last about an hour, so I should be able to make it.  If anyone else is thinking about going, let me know.

I would like to go.

Jonathan Sivier wrote:
There is an Aerospace Engineering seminar next week on Tuesday, December 3 entitled "How to Land on Mars." It is being held at noon in room 2405 Siebel Center for Computer Science, 201 N. Goodwin Ave. It is free, and they say there will be lunch provided, and according to the info on the announcement it is intended for non-engineering audiences.

You can find more about it at

https://calendars.illinois.edu/detail/3087?eventId=33362870

I hope to attend. I have an OLLI class on black holes and gravity waves at 1:30, but I suspect this will last about an hour, so I should be able to make it. If anyone else is thinking about going, let me know.

That's 3 so far. Whoever gets there first grab some seats.

Jonathan

Jonathan Sivier wrote:
There is an Aerospace Engineering seminar next week on Tuesday, December 3 entitled "How to Land on Mars." It is being held at noon in room 2405 Siebel Center for Computer Science, 201 N. Goodwin Ave. It is free, and they say there will be lunch provided, and according to the info on the announcement it is intended for non-engineering audiences.

You can find more about it at

https://calendars.illinois.edu/detail/3087?eventId=33362870

I hope to attend. I have an OLLI class on black holes and gravity waves at 1:30, but I suspect this will last about an hour, so I should be able to make it. If anyone else is thinking about going, let me know.

Noon ... free lunch ... non-technical audience ... Siebel Center. My long experience predicts it will be overrun by Uni High students looking for a free snack. :-)

I can't make it but wish you luck. Maybe someone can summarize it at our meeting that evening.

That's 3 so far. Whoever gets there first grab some seats.

So you are saying we need to get there early to get a seat. ;-)

Jonathan