#Launch CANCELED #Launch

Greg Smith

This was a tough decision.

At 11:00 AM, it was 55°F in Champaign, with clear skies and an east to ESE wind at 9 mph, gusting to 16 mph.

An area of rain to our southeast will arrive here between 4:00 PM and 5:00 PM. In addition, there are soccer players on the field who are not expected to leave until around 1:00 PM.

That might give us about a two to three hour window for flying, but because of the wind direction, we would need to haul all our equipment across the full length of the Dodds Park field, and later back again in the rain.

Given all these constraints, it doesn't seem worthwhile to proceed today. Therefore, today's launch is canceled.

Hoping for better conditions on the 22nd.


Greg Smith  N9LHI
NAR 15881 * TRA 1974
Director of Operations, Central Illinois Aerospace
greg@...  217-840-1678