L3?

Gary Slater

Am I to understand that Steve will attempt his L3 this weekend?

Christopher Deem

I think that is the plan.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 6/19/20 10:53 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: cia-rocketry@groups.io
Subject: [cia-rocketry] L3?

Gary Slater

Good luck Steve. 
Never hear if John got his L3. 

On Jun 19, 2020, at 10:57 PM, Christopher Deem <chris-deem@...> wrote:

I think that is the plan.

Date: 6/19/20 10:53 PM (GMT-06:00)
Subject: [cia-rocketry] L3?

Dan West

I've been out of the loop for a while, just getting caught up. Is Steve's L3 flight available for public viewing, and if so, where and when?

Thx...dan

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 10:53 PM Gary Slater <gws77@...> wrote:

Mark Joseph

Theoretically, yes, at the QCRC launch today near Princeton. Steve may have had a conflict that prevented him from going, and rain has been passing through there this morning. So I guess we’ll just have to wait and hear from him. I guess that makes it too late for public viewing - I’d love to have been there, myself. 

Good to hear from you, Dan!

Mark

On Jun 20, 2020, at 07:00, Dan West <pappywest@...> wrote:

I've been out of the loop for a while, just getting caught up. Is Steve's L3 flight available for public viewing, and if so, where and when?

Thx...dan

steven dramstad

I was and I did! Flew K.I.S.S to 8200 feet on an M1500. Straight flight and perfect recovery! 

(Happy dance ). 🕺🏻

On Jun 20, 2020, at 10:32 AM, Mark Joseph <markjos@...> wrote:

Theoretically, yes, at the QCRC launch today near Princeton. Steve may have had a conflict that prevented him from going, and rain has been passing through there this morning. So I guess we’ll just have to wait and hear from him. I guess that makes it too late for public viewing - I’d love to have been there, myself. 

Mark

Thx...dan

Christopher Deem

Any pictures?

Date: 6/20/20 7:38 PM (GMT-06:00)
Subject: Re: [cia-rocketry] L3?

I was and I did! Flew K.I.S.S to 8200 feet on an M1500. Straight flight and perfect recovery! 

(Happy dance ). 🕺🏻

Mark

Thx...dan

Rick Lyons

On Saturday, June 20, 2020, 7:38:20 PM CDT, steven dramstad <sdramstad@...> wrote:

(Happy dance ). 🕺🏻

Mark

Thx...dan

Christopher Deem

Great picture!

Date: 6/20/20 8:04 PM (GMT-06:00)

On Saturday, June 20, 2020, 7:38:20 PM CDT, steven dramstad <sdramstad@...> wrote:

(Happy dance ). 🕺🏻

Mark

Thx...dan

john hall

Hi guys, sorry I’ve been caught up in a reorg at work on top of covid and really busy. I lost my rocket during my level 3 attempt on Sunday at mmwp. It’s a long story but my tracker was locking on to another guys, I can share details next time we get together. It was a beautiful flight on the way up though! John

Tim Dixon

Total bummer dude!

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020, 9:19 PM john hall via groups.io <jotdown=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi guys, sorry I’ve been caught up in a reorg at work on top of covid and really busy. I lost my rocket during my level 3 attempt on Sunday at mmwp. It’s a long story but my tracker was locking on to another guys, I can share details next time we get together. It was a beautiful flight on the way up though! John

Mark Joseph

So sorry to hear this, John. Looking forward to seeing you before too much longer.

Mark

From: cia-rocketry@groups.io <cia-rocketry@groups.io> on behalf of john hall via groups.io <jotdown@...>
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2020 8:19 PM

steven dramstad

I have a love/hate relationship with my featherweight tracker. When it works it’s great but nearly every time I fire it up you have to update firmware and you have to relearn how to use it. Have gotten in the habit of starting them up a few days before the launch and getting reacquainted with them. Steve

On Jun 24, 2020, at 8:52 PM, Mark Joseph <markjos@...> wrote:

So sorry to hear this, John. Looking forward to seeing you before too much longer.

Mark

William Carney

I had a tracker transmitter and altimeter in a nose cone on a rocket.  It nose dived into the farm soil and MWP.
Someone brought back the bottom of the rocket and did not dig out the nosecone.  200.00 of electronics still in the ground.  I know they were still ok that day since I still got a signal but could not pinpoint it being underground.  The person thought they were doing a favor but it cost me a NC-ebay, MAWD and tracker.

Have not had the money to buy a new tracker since.

Hope someone finds your rocket and it gets back to you.

William

In a message dated 6/25/2020 10:00:05 AM Central Standard Time, sdramstad@... writes:

I have a love/hate relationship with my featherweight tracker. When it works it’s great but nearly every time I fire it up you have to update firmware and you have to relearn how to use it. Have gotten in the habit of starting them up a few days before the launch and getting reacquainted with them. Steve

Mark

john hall

I posted about it in the forums and there was another guy that posted who was at the same launch reporting connectivity issues as well.  Moving forward I'm going to avoid high altitude launches at large gatherings and as you said Steve, spend some time testing after firmware updates.  John

On Thursday, 25 June 2020, 10:00:05 am GMT-5, steven dramstad <sdramstad@...> wrote:

Mark