From: Gary Slater <gws77@...>
Date: 6/19/20 10:53 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: cia-rocketry@groups.io
Subject: [cia-rocketry] L3?

Am I to understand that Steve will attempt his L3 this weekend?

Gary Slater

Good luck Steve.
Never hear if John got his L3.

On Jun 19, 2020, at 10:57 PM, Christopher Deem <chris-deem@...> wrote:

I think that is the plan.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Am I to understand that Steve will attempt his L3 this weekend?

Dan West

I've been out of the loop for a while, just getting caught up. Is Steve's L3 flight available for public viewing, and if so, where and when?

Thx...dan

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 10:53 PM Gary Slater <gws77@...> wrote:
Am I to understand that Steve will attempt his L3 this weekend?

Mark Joseph

Theoretically, yes, at the QCRC launch today near Princeton. Steve may have had a conflict that prevented him from going, and rain has been passing through there this morning. So I guess we’ll just have to wait and hear from him. I guess that makes it too late for public viewing - I’d love to have been there, myself.

Good to hear from you, Dan!

Mark

On Jun 20, 2020, at 07:00, Dan West <pappywest@...> wrote:

I've been out of the loop for a while, just getting caught up. Is Steve's L3 flight available for public viewing, and if so, where and when?

Thx...dan

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 10:53 PM Gary Slater <gws77@...> wrote:
Am I to understand that Steve will attempt his L3 this weekend?

steven dramstad

I was and I did! Flew K.I.S.S to 8200 feet on an M1500. Straight flight and perfect recovery!

(Happy dance ). 🕺🏻

On Jun 20, 2020, at 10:32 AM, Mark Joseph <markjos@...> wrote:

Theoretically, yes, at the QCRC launch today near Princeton. Steve may have had a conflict that prevented him from going, and rain has been passing through there this morning. So I guess we’ll just have to wait and hear from him. I guess that makes it too late for public viewing - I’d love to have been there, myself.

Good to hear from you, Dan!

Mark

On Jun 20, 2020, at 07:00, Dan West <pappywest@...> wrote:

I've been out of the loop for a while, just getting caught up. Is Steve's L3 flight available for public viewing, and if so, where and when?

Thx...dan

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 10:53 PM Gary Slater <gws77@...> wrote:
Am I to understand that Steve will attempt his L3 this weekend?

Christopher Deem

Any pictures?

[...]

Rick Lyons

On Saturday, June 20, 2020, 7:38:20 PM CDT, steven dramstad <sdramstad@...> wrote:

[...]

Great picture!

[...]

john hall

Hi guys, sorry I’ve been caught up in a reorg at work on top of covid and really busy. I lost my rocket during my level 3 attempt on Sunday at mmwp. It’s a long story but my tracker was locking on to another guys, I can share details next time we get together. It was a beautiful flight on the way up though! John

Tim Dixon

Total bummer dude!

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020, 9:19 PM john hall via groups.io <jotdown=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi guys, sorry I’ve been caught up in a reorg at work on top of covid and really busy. I lost my rocket during my level 3 attempt on Sunday at mmwp. It’s a long story but my tracker was locking on to another guys, I can share details next time we get together. It was a beautiful flight on the way up though! John

Mark Joseph

So sorry to hear this, John. Looking forward to seeing you before too much longer.

Mark