GARLO 2021: Take 3 #Launch

Jonathan Sivier

We will make a third try at our big annual event, the Great Rocket Launch of 2021, or GARLO 2021, next Saturday, July 24 at Dodds Park in Champaign. Flying will start around 10 a.m. and continue until around 4 p.m. If you can come early to help set up, meet at the parking lots at 9 a.m.

The theme this year is "Recovery." Awards will be given for interesting and unusual recovery methods. We'll also be giving out our usual awards for best flights and best looking rockets. A secondary theme will be "Mars Lander." For more details see the web page at
http://www.ciarocketry.org/garlo.html

To help pay for GARLO we will be holding a raffle with several very nice prizes that have been donated. Tickets will be $1, or 6 for $5.

Let's hope for decent weather on Saturday. I hope to see everyone there.

Jonathan