GARLO 2020

Greg Smith

Due to the continuing limitations on public gatherings in the next phase of the Illinois re-opening plan and Champaign Park District policies, on Tuesday the CIA Board made the difficult decision to cancel GARLO 2020, originally scheduled for Saturday, June 27.

We will continue to explore opportunities for some smaller, informal club launches this summer, which will probably need to be limited to just a few participants. If restrictions are lifted enough that we can safely reschedule the Great Annual Rocket Launch later in the summer or fall, we will try to hold some version of the event. However, with public health conditions and policies changing frequently in response to the pandemic, we don't yet know when that might be practical or even if it will be possible at all.

We'll keep you informed about future plans and schedule changes through this list, and as always, we're open to suggestions and feedback about how to hold some fun and meaningful activities despite the restrictions. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

greg@... 217-840-1678