elections and rocket competition at Tuesday #Meeting

Jonathan Sivier

Our March meeting at the Springer Center will be this Tuesday, March 3 at 7 p.m. As usual for our March meeting we will be holding an election for the CIA board members. If you would like to run for an office let me know and be sure to come to the meeting on Tuesday.

Once we have finished with the business of holding our annual election the topic for discussion will be the new NAR contest rules and how we might be able to hold some competition flights again here at our local launches. For the most part we fly rockets just for fun. However, some people also enjoy competing, seeing who can fly the highest or keep their rocket or glider in the air the longest, and so on. In the past we held contest launches occasionally. A few years ago the NAR changed the way they handle competition and we haven't had any contest launch since then. So we thought we would talk about how the new contest rules work and decide if we want to try holding a contest launch from time to time. While some of the contest events are challenging, we always try to include a few that anyone can do, not matter what your level of experience is. That way everyone can participate. If you think this might be a fun thing to do plan to come to the meeting on Tuesday.

I have 4 more weeks of Tuesday evening class. In my absence I propose/nominate and sustain all current officers to their current positions.

On Mar 1, 2020, at 2:47 PM, Jonathan Sivier <jsivier@...> wrote:

[...]

Jonathan