From: cia-rocketry@groups.io [mailto:cia-rocketry@groups.io] On Behalf Of George Krumins
Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2020 10:11 PM
To: cia-rocketry@groups.io
Subject: [cia-rocketry] Cut out letters

from the previous stencil using Cricut.

George

Timothy Cole

My wife got me the Cricut Maker for my birthday. It’s an awesome machine. It can cut balsa wood up to 3/32” among other things. Extremely versatile.

Tim

On Mar 7, 2020, at 10:28 PM, Greg Smith <gregs@...> wrote:

I’ve been using my Silhouette brand vinyl cutter for several years to create rocket markings. Generally, I don’t use the vinyl directly, but use it as a precise and detailed mask to paint on the markings with an airbrush. This is lighter, thinner and gives a wider choice of colors than the vinyl alone. But whichever way you use it, the versatility and precision far exceeds any other kind of marking system I’ve tried. I was just checking out the range of Cricut machines at Michael’s this afternoon – there are almost too many to choose from now, and I would have to study up on their different features to choose the right one now. Apparently some of the fancier models can cut fabric for sewing patterns now. Wow (but probably not a feature with much use in rocketry).

- GDS