Topics

competition discussion at March 3 meeting

Jonathan Sivier

At the business meeting last night we discussed a variety of items. One item was to figure out a topic for the meeting at the Springer Center on March 3. We thought it would worth having a talk about NAR competition. For the most part we fly rocket just for fun. However, some people also enjoy competing, seeing who can fly the highest or keep their rocket or glider in the air the longest, and so on. In the past we held contest launches occasionally. A few years ago the NAR changed the way they handle competition and we haven't had any contest launch since then. So we thought we would talk about how the new contest rules work and decide if we want to try holding a contest launch from time to time. While some of the contest events are challenging, we always try to include a few that anyone can do, not matter what your level of experience is. That way everyone can participate. If you think this might be a fun thing to do plan to come to the meeting at the Springer Center on Tuesday, March 3 at 7 p.m.

We will also be holding our annual elections for members of the CIA board of directors that evening. If anyone is interested in running for an office and getting involved in running the club, let me know.

Jonathan