Topics

Casio high-speed camera

Robert Brunner

This guy has several really neat 300fps videos of rocket launches taken with his Casio EX-F1 camera. Greg mentioned this camera on Tuesday. Wow, those videos are neat. If you've got a fast network, use the high quality link, and show it full-screen for best view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyDvMszNSYY&feature=channel

Robert

Christopher Deem

Robert Brunner wrote:

This guy has several really neat 300fps videos of rocket launches
taken with his Casio EX-F1 camera. Greg mentioned this camera on
Tuesday. Wow, those videos are neat. If you've got a fast network, use
the high quality link, and show it full-screen for best view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyDvMszNSYY&feature=channel <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyDvMszNSYY&feature=channel>

Robert

That looked unreal.

Greg Smith

At 11:02 PM 12/4/2008, you wrote:
Robert Brunner wrote:

This guy has several really neat 300fps videos of rocket launches
taken with his Casio EX-F1 camera. Greg mentioned this camera on
Tuesday. Wow, those videos are neat. If you've got a fast network, use
the high quality link, and show it full-screen for best view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyDvMszNSYY&feature=channel
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyDvMszNSYY&feature=channel>

Robert

That looked unreal.

It was very cool to watch the exhaust flame sort of grow slowly out the back of the rocket.

He has a couple at at 600 fps:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQxYLK0zxsE&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjzTocchmxY&feature=channel

They are kind of excruciating to watch. One interesting thing is that in both, you can see a definite "pulsing" of the exhaust at a steady frequency. I presume they all do that and we've just never perceived it.

- GDS