calendar of events for 2021

Jonathan Sivier

We are in the process of putting together the calendar of events for the new year. As you can imagine this is a bit of a challenge since we don't know when we will be able to start holding launches or meetings again. We are hopeful that we'll be able to hold some launches starting in the spring, but it will probably be a longer time before we are able to hold meetings and workshops and other in person, indoor events.

Until we are able to meet at the Springer Center again we plan on holding all of our meetings on the first Tuesday of each month on Zoom. To a large extent these are likely to be just a chance to get together and chat about rockets. However, it may be possible to put together some presentations about particular topics. If you have a rocket related topic you would like to learn more about, or if you have something you would like to present to the group, let us know.

GARLO 2021 is scheduled for Saturday, June 26 with a rain date on Saturday, July 10. The theme this year will be "Recovery". The theme contest will be for imaginative or unusual recovery methods for your rockets. A secondary contest will be "Mars Lander". This could be a version of the Estes kit, or something of your own design. Landing upright will also be awarded a prize.

Be sure to check out VIrtual NARCON on January 29-31. More info can be found at
https://www.nar.org/narcon-2021/

We are working on updating the online calendar on the web site. It will take a while to get it finished for the year and there will likely be major changes to the calendar throughout the year as the situation changes.

Jonathan