Topics

boy scout demo launch Saturday in Rantoul

Jonathan Sivier

We will be holding a demo rocket launch starting at noon at Chanute in Rantoul for the boy scout Space Jamboree. We will be setting up a bit after 11, probably in the grassy area southeast of the AT&T building, that is northwest of the intersection of the two active runways. There is a small paved area in the middle of this grassy area and we hope to set up there. Exactly where we are will depend on the wind direction and other factors, so we won't know for sure until we get there. As always you can call me at 714-9524 to get directions. We would like to have plenty of rockets to demo. So if you have some free time on Saturday, prep a few rockets and come fly them.

Jonathan

Mark Joseph

A few CIA members represented the Club at Space Jam 3, a space and technology-themed Boy Scout event held on the grounds of the Rantoul Aviation Center / Airport, and the Chanute Air Museum. We taught the rocketry portion of the Space Exploration merit badge to 40 - 50 scouts during the morning, and provided a demonstration launch over the noon hour to an enthusiastic group of scouts and adults. A bit breezy, but manageable and fun. Thanks to Jonathan Sivier, Chris Deem, and Alan Carroll.

Mark