Bid for the very first seat on New Shepard

Gary Slater

How much is this going to cost me?

Begin forwarded message:

From: Blue Origin <media@...>
Date: May 5, 2021 at 11:09:47 AM CDT
To: gws77@...
Subject: Bid for the very first seat on New Shepard

On July 20th, New Shepard will fly its first astronaut crew to space. We are offering one seat on this first flight to the winning bidder of Blue Origin’s online auction. Starting today, anyone can place an opening bid by going to BlueOrigin.com

Here are the three phases of the auction:

  • May 5-19: Sealed online bidding – you can bid any amount you want on the auction website (no bids are visible)
  • May 19: Unsealed online bidding –  bidding becomes visible and participants must exceed the highest bid to continue in the auction
  • June 12: Live auction – the bidding concludes with a live online auction

The winning bid amount will be donated to Blue Origin’s foundation, Club for the Future, to inspire future generations to pursue careers in STEM and help invent the future of life in space.

On this day 60 years ago, Alan Shepard made history by becoming the first American to fly to space. In the decades since, fewer than 600 astronauts have been to space above the Kármán Line to see the borderless Earth and the thin limb of our atmosphere. They all say this experience changes them.

We named our launch vehicle after Alan Shepard to honor his historic flight. New Shepard has flown 15 successful consecutive missions to space and back above the Kármán Line through a meticulous and incremental flight program to test its multiple redundant safety systems. Now, it’s time for astronauts to climb onboard.

This seat will change how you see the world.

-Gradatim Ferociter

If you were forwarded this e-mail, you can receive it directly by signing up for updates at blueorigin.com
If you no longer want to receive updates from Blue Origin, you can unsubscribe
.
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
LinkedIn
YouTube
Website

Christopher Deem

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Sent from my Galaxy