Topics

#Launch is GO #Launch

Greg Smith

At 11:00 AM, it was 44°F in Champaign, with overcast skies at 3,200', and a NNE wind at 8 mph.

Although the cloud ceiling is currently too low to make full use of our maximum waiver altitude of 10,000 feet, it is expected to clear in the next couple of hours.

Otherwise, conditions are acceptable for flying, so we will meet as scheduled at noon on the east side of the Rantoul field to begin setting up for our launch.

greg@...  217-840-1678

John Robbins

Can someone drop a pin where u guys are at today and share it?

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 12:03 PM, Greg Smith
<gregs@...> wrote:
At 11:00 AM, it was 44°F in Champaign, with overcast skies at 3,200', and a NNE wind at 8 mph.

Although the cloud ceiling is currently too low to make full use of our maximum waiver altitude of 10,000 feet, it is expected to clear in the next couple of hours.

Otherwise, conditions are acceptable for flying, so we will meet as scheduled at noon on the east side of the Rantoul field to begin setting up for our launch.

greg@...  217-840-1678

Mark Joseph

https://goo.gl/maps/V5sWBYWem2j3Gcum7

40°17'11.3"N 88°08'27.7"W

40.286465, -88.141022

Can someone drop a pin where u guys are at today and share it?

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android<https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=InProduct&c=Global_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&af_wl=ym&af_sub1=Internal&af_sub2=Global_YGrowth&af_sub3=EmailSignature>

<gregs@...> wrote:
At 11:00 AM, it was 44°F in Champaign, with overcast skies at 3,200', and a NNE wind at 8 mph.

Although the cloud ceiling is currently too low to make full use of our maximum waiver altitude of 10,000 feet, it is expected to clear in the next couple of hours.

Otherwise, conditions are acceptable for flying, so we will meet as scheduled at noon on the east side of the Rantoul field to begin setting up for our launch.

greg@... 217-840-1678

Jonathan Sivier

If you go to where we were last time we are almost directly east from there.  Looking at the map linked on the CIA maps page you can see the east access road that winds up to the south end of the runway.  From our location last time go south to the 4 way stop.  Turn left and drive east.  The road curves north.  You will see the entrance on the left after a bit.

Jonathan

<gregs@...> wrote:
At 11:00 AM, it was 44°F in Champaign, with overcast skies at 3,200', and a NNE wind at 8 mph.

Although the cloud ceiling is currently too low to make full use of our maximum waiver altitude of 10,000 feet, it is expected to clear in the next couple of hours.

Otherwise, conditions are acceptable for flying, so we will meet as scheduled at noon on the east side of the Rantoul field to begin setting up for our launch.

greg@...  217-840-1678

Adam Rouse

My pictures are up on my Smugmug: https://ajrouse.smugmug.com/Rocketry/CIA-Launches

Great launch everyone!

Cheers!

-Adam

Jonathan Sivier

Nice pictures. Thanks.

It was a bit chilly out so we had a small crowd, but we had some great flights. I think Steve Dramstad had a zipper on one rocket due to a late deployment and John Hall had a cracked fin from a hard landing, but other than those all flights were successful and landed safely in the field.

I got in 4 flights during the day. I flew my Lil Nuke on an F62, my Stretch Blobbo on an F24, my Totally Tubular on a B6 and finished the day with my Majestic on an F27.

Jonathan

On 10/25/2020 10:27 AM, Adam Rouse wrote:
My pictures are up on my Smugmug: https://ajrouse.smugmug.com/Rocketry/CIA-Launches

Great launch everyone!

Cheers!

-Adam

Christopher Deem

Nice pictures, I should have some up soon.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.