From: cia-rocketry@groups.io [mailto:cia-rocketry@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jonathan Sivier
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2020 5:29 PM
To: CIA Email List <cia-rocketry@groups.io>
Subject: [cia-rocketry] Minuteman missile at Chanute

If you haven't seen the news in the past couple of days they are planning on taking down the Minuteman missile that is on display in Rantoul at the entrance of the former Air Force Base. We always talked about getting a group picture of our club in front of it, but it looks like we won't be able to do that now. My understanding is that it will still be there for a week or so. So if you want to go and get a picture you might want to do so soon.

Here is one of the pictures (reduced in size) I took this afternoon.

Jonathan

Jeff Deem

Nice Picture.

On September 4, 2020, at 5:29 PM, Jonathan Sivier <jsivier@...> wrote:

If you haven't seen the news in the past couple of days they are planning on taking down the Minuteman missile that is on display in Rantoul at the entrance of the former Air Force Base. We always talked about getting a group picture of our club in front of it, but it looks like we won't be able to do that now. My understanding is that it will still be there for a week or so. So if you want to go and get a picture you might want to do so soon.

Here is one of the pictures (reduced in size) I took this afternoon.

Few details yet, but apparently it won’t be leaving for a while:

https://www.news-gazette.com/news/update-chanutes-missile-saved/article_7faac99a-a6bf-5c62-ad43-2bbb73732453.html

We should make a plan to get that group picture, maybe in the spring when the weather turns decent again and hopefully we can do it without masks.

- GDS

If you haven't seen the news in the past couple of days they are planning on taking down the Minuteman missile that is on display in Rantoul at the entrance of the former Air Force Base. We always talked about getting a group picture of our club in front of it, but it looks like we won't be able to do that now. My understanding is that it will still be there for a week or so. So if you want to go and get a picture you might want to do so soon.

Here is one of the pictures (reduced in size) I took this afternoon.

Edited

They are still going to need to raise funds to repair it. The years have not been kind to it, it wasn’t meant to be left outside for 60 years.

Christopher Brian Deem NAR 12308 TRA 2256 level 2                                               Sent from Mail for Windows 10