We have a rocket launch scheduled tomorrow, Saturday, August 8, at Dodds Park in Champaign.

Setup will begin at 12:00 noon, probably in the south half of the soccer field parking lots. Flying can continue until sunset at 7:58 PM. Our waiver allows flying motors through "H" class up to 4,000' MSL (about 3,250' from ground level).

The forecast is good right now. They've gone back and forth a couple of times in the past few days about the possibility of rain and higher wind gusts, so take this with a small dose of salt (but not ammonium nitrate):

-----

Saturday - Sunny, with a high near 86. South wind 6 to 10 mph.

-----

Unless things change again, this looks pretty good for our chances of flying. As always, I'll post the final decision about the launch here shortly after 11:00 AM tomorrow. You can call me after that time at 217-840-1678 for an update.

Our next launch will be Saturday, August 22 at Dodds Park.

We will be enforcing our physical distancing and masking requirements at this launch. See Jonathan's message from Tuesday, 7/21 for the details. Please don't drink the hand sanitizer.

greg@...  217-840-1678