Topics

Outlook for Saturday launch

Greg Smith

We have a rocket launch scheduled tomorrow, Saturday, July 25, at Dodds Park in Champaign.

Setup will begin at 12:00 noon, probably in the south half of the soccer field parking lots. Flying can continue until sunset at 8:20 PM. Our waiver allows flying motors through "H" class up to 4,000' MSL (about 3,250' from ground level).

The forecast is excellent:

-----

Saturday - Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 88. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon.

-----

I don't have much doubt that we'll be able to fly, but just to be sure, I'll post the final decision about the launch here shortly after 11:00 AM tomorrow. You can call me after that time at 217-840-1678 for an update.

Our next launch will be Saturday, August 8 at Dodds Park.

We will be enforcing our new physical distancing and masking requirements at this launch. See Jonathan's message from Tuesday (7/21) for the details.

greg@...  217-840-1678