Topics

rules for Saturday's launch

Jonathan Sivier

We hope to be able to hold a launch at Dodds Park on Saturday, July 11. We have tried to come up with some rules to help keep everyone safe. We will probably be playing by ear some since we haven't done this before, so we hope that everyone will be patient and help out so we can all fly some rockets.

Jonathan

Rules for CIA launches at Dodds Park
7/11/2020

These rules are based on guidelines from the Park District as well as our own
common sense. Since we haven't done this before we may need to adjust them
during the course of the launch as we see how well they work.

- If you don't feel well, stay home.

- Don't park in adjacent spaces.

- Set up your prep area at a reasonable distance from others.

- If you want to participate in the launch, a mask must be worn to cover both
your nose and mouth whenever you cannot maintain a safe distance from other
participants. No exceptions to masks. Effectively, this means that masks
must be worn when you are not at your own setup area or your car, or
recovering a rocket in the field far from other people.

- Everyone should bring their own hand sanitizer and use it regularly.
Especially after you have been in contact with the pads or wadding bucket
that others will also be using.

- Bring a scoop or cup or something to get wadding out of the bucket, rather
than using your hands.

- Take your trash out of the park with you when you leave. Bring a trash
bag you can use for your trash.

- We will have the pads spaced out in pods, with possibly 2 pads per pod.
Only one person at a pod at a time. The exception to this is that members
of a family can go to the pad together.

- One LCO or specific sanitizing between a couple of LCOs.

- No remote launch button (sorry kids).

- Do not hover or loiter at the LCO table, unless you are the LCO.

- Be willing to inform visitors and guests about these safeguards.
We all need to help keep everyone safe. We'll need everyone to do their
part, including letting new people know what they should do.

- We will be collecting contact information of all participants and
spectators. Check in with the LCO when you arrive. This is so that if
someone present happens to be infected their past contacts can be traced.

- For set up and tear down, only one person in the trailer at a time. That
person can unload/reload equipment and the rest of us can carry that
equipment to and from the field. When doing so we need to wear masks and
try to maintain spacing as best we can.

William Carney

The no mask thing will put me out for the foreseeable future.  My doctor has me on four Asama meds right now to see if it will help and if I can tolerate a mask.  So far I hyperventilate easily when I wear one.

William

In a message dated 7/9/2020 9:48:44 PM Central Standard Time, jsivier@... writes:

[...]

I'm sorry to hear that William. However, better safe than sorry, I guess. Hopefully, things will improve eventually and we'll all be able to fly together again.

Jonathan

On 7/9/2020 10:14 PM, William Carney via groups.io wrote:
[...]

I'm getting tested every month right now just to check.  My last test was negative.  Under the CDC guidelines there are two exemptions including medical and children 3 and under.

I figure it will be next year or later till the mask issue will be over.  Unless a vaccine can be made.  But that's unlikely since none of the COVID virus strains have a vaccine.

Since I can't be there I'll try and sell some stuff on Rocketry Forum.

William