From: cia-rocketry@groups.io [mailto:cia-rocketry@groups.io] On Behalf Of Gary Slater
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2020 3:54 PM
To: cia-rocketry@groups.io
Subject: Re: [cia-rocketry] rail to pad attachment?

Ok thanks, Greg.  Must be a real chore drilling thru that 7/16 stainless rod.  And one would need two holes so double the work.

I am considering a stand for one of my rail guided rockets to keep it upright therefore using a much small foot print rather than taking up more space on a horizontal pvc type stand.  The rocket is only 54mm but is heavy and awkward so looking for something a bit more than just leaning against the corner too

Gary Slater

Ok thanks, Greg.  Must be a real chore drilling thru that 7/16 stainless rod.  And one would need two holes so double the work.
I am considering a stand for one of my rail guided rockets to keep it upright therefore using a much small foot print rather than taking up more space on a horizontal pvc type stand.  The rocket is only 54mm but is heavy and awkward so looking for something a bit more than just leaning against the corner too.

On June 15, 2020 at 3:37 PM Greg Smith <gregs@...> wrote:

They are sections of 7/16” stainless launch rod. I drilled two ¼” holes transversely through the rod, and stainless hex head bolts go through those holes and into the slot on the 1010 rail. 80/20 makes a special nut that fits into the slot to accept ¼-20 bolts, used for many purposes when connecting those rails together and to the plethora of accessories they offer.

- GDS

Don't our launch rails have a 1/4 or 1/2 inch rod attached to them that goes into the pad mount?  How are they secured together?

Greg Smith